The National Dental Foundation is a charitable organisation that facilitates the provision of pro bono dental treatment to those in our society who cannot access timely dental care.
The NDF harnesses the support of the wider dental industry to enable dental teams across Australia to be able help those in need.
The NDF works closely with many Australian charities to identify those in our communities who will benefit from a positive dental intervention.
The National Dental Foundation has received ATO Endorsement as a Public Benevolent Institution and is a Registered Charity in all States.
The objectives of the NATIONAL DENTAL FOUNDATION are:
- To harness the fellowship and goodwill of all dental teams and associated dental industry in Australia to provide pro bono dental services to the under privileged members of our society through donation of equipment, materials and personal endeavour.
- To assist all dental groups working in areas of need by engaging in fundraising activities and collating and distributing the donation of resources.
- Providing an ongoing repository for the knowledge and experience gained in performing dental charitable activities.
- Facilitating the work of dental industry volunteers with that of established charitable organisations already engaged and working long-term with those in genuine need.
The National Dental Foundation is an Australian Dental Industry inclusive initiative that includes the active participation of:
- Volunteer Dental Assistants
- Australia Dental Industry Association
- Dental Hygienists Association of Australia
- Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapists Association
- The Australian Dental Association and the Australian Dental Association Foundation